Saturday 28 March 2020

Army Showcase: Men of the East

I've been working on my Easterling / Khand alliance for about 9 months now, and while my painting pace is glacially slow, I finally have around 1000pts finished, and a display board to show them off on. I've had fun taking them to tournaments, and was lucky enough to win best painted at the recent (and fantastic) Desolation of Stockport event. So I thought it would be a good excuse to show them off on here!




For the display board, I wanted to go for a sort of abandoned town square feel, as though the army has just conquered the place and are marching triumphantly through the centre of town.

Big thanks to fellow Drawn Combat poster Steve Thorley, whose amazing lighting and photography really brought this scene to life.





There are quite a few conversions in the army, from the flag bearers to the second Dragon Knight with the two handed glaive, and probably most notably the chariots, which have been converted to look a little more 'Easterling'!


My next additions to this army will be 8 converted Khandish horsemen for a bit of ranged pressure, their dismounts, and a certain converted wraith on fell beast...


I'll do a final update when this army is totally finished - which could actually be in the foreseeable future! And then, on to the next project...

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Love the army, really looks great especially on the display board. Those chariots are a great idea as well and looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete