Friday 3 April 2020

Lockdown Hobby Update!

We here in the UK, like many other countries, are currently on lockdown. While this situation is obviously very serious and worrying there is one silver lining: more hobby time! Here are a few pictures of what we have been working on while on lockdown. (You'll notice we have all used the principles discussed by Steve in his excellent article on photography for these pictures!)

Dan Slob:
I have been working on my Serpent Horde recently. Not all of this has been done since the lockdown but most of it has! I have also bought a Mumak from the lovely folks at Rebel Base Gaming to help me through the down time but I haven't had the courage to start it yet. Hoping to conquer the big boy before the end of April!















Steve:
I have been working on my Isengard recently. After finally getting hold of the Rohan at War book I decided to redo the basing on my Uruks to match my Rohan so we could go through some of the narrative missions once this is all over. I then realised I didn't like the armour on the Uruks so redid that too. Then the skin didn't match, so I started working on redoing that too. Before I knew it I had basically painted an entirely new army! Whoops! I also painted up the Knight of Umbar so I can start working on my force for Wraithbowl!






Colm:
I have been working on my Mordor army for our slow-grow league. I converted some Black Numenorians from Army of the Dead figures with the face plates from Morgul Knights. To back them up I have also been painting up some Morannon Orcs. These guys are not much fun to paint but they are the backbone to many Mordor lists so have to be done! When they are finished I am going to reward myself with some characters.




Will:
I have managed to finish pretty much all of my Mordor pile at this point, allowing me to field more or less anything I like! After these guys are all done and based I am moving on to a Serpent Horde force, starting out with a mighty Mumak! I have begun by adding some tusk weapons so he can be fielded as the Mumak Warleader! I even recruited my partner and her nail lacquer to help! After that I need to decide on a paint scheme for the warriors themselves and then try and get my hands on some Camels....










I'm not sure she'll thank me for this ;)


Dan Stu:
Since the lockdown began I have mostly been distracted by Animal Crossing! However I did manage to get my Easterling War Priest all finished off and some Khandish Horsemen basecoated. After they are all done I will be moving on to the vast pile of Fiefdoms that I have amassed. Watch this space.



Dave:
I haven't really worked on LOTR much recently after getting a bit burnt out by my Shire army! But here they are in all their glory anyway (plus a few bits I have managed to do). I’m currently planning an all Cave Troll army led by Buhrdur and have just bought the big man himself!










Sean:
I have been working on my Rohan, specifically on Dernhelm! This model was a real joy to paint and now that I have my scheme sorted I’ll be moving on to the piles of Riders I have sitting around!






That’s all for now! We’d love to see what you have been working on too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that Haradrim War Horn is . . . huge. I assume that's not the real thing? Very great work by all.

    ReplyDelete